page contents

12 people sick from carbon monoxide leak at The Westin Nashville hotel

12  people sick from carbon monoxide leak at The Westin Nashville hotel

According to the Nashville Fire Department, 6 of 12 victims were transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center this morning due to carbon monoxide poisoning that occurred at The Westin Nashville hotel in downtown Nashville, Tennessee.

The emergency call came in at 6:45 a.m. after several people who were working out on the third floor became sick. The incident was isolated to the third floor of the hotel, which houses a workout area, a swimming pool, and several offices.

When the fire department arrived, four of the victims were already outside. The others were found on the third floor.

Nashville Fire Department spokesman Joseph Pleasant said the reading on the third floor showed a level of 500 ppm. He acknowledged it could be higher than that, but that’s as far as their tools can measure. For comparison, a normal reading is 35 ppm.

He added that they have not found any carbon monoxide detectors on the third floor, but it may not be required by building codes.

Read the full article: https://www.eturbonews.com/237521/12-people-sick-from-carbon-monoxide-leak-at-the-westin-nashville-hotel

%d bloggers like this: